Merry Christmas Eve’s day everyone! Are you done shopping and wrapping?
Here is my Xmas gift to all of you, it’s the Protein Snickerdoodle Recipe I promised I would have out today. Okay so three times a charm, I think I have perfected my Snickerdoodle recipe this time around. I have baked these three different ways, all with the same ingredients…just different ways of incorporating the ingredients. Why? Because its science people!
1 new factor about this batch is the decision to keep these ones slightly gooey in the middle, because that’s how I like my cookies, crispy rim and soft middle. Cooking them at 350 for just 8 minutes.
* If you would like a fuller “cakey” snickerdoodle I would shoot for the full 10 minutes.
¼ Cup coconut oil (refined)
1 egg (room temperature)
2 tbs Vanilla Extract
2 TBS + 1 tsp Non fat Plain Greek yogurt
½ Cup Truvia Brown Sugar Baking Blend
½ Cup Pyure Stevia Baking Blend
½ Cup Brown Rice Flour
1 Cup (95g) Vanilla Cake Protizyme Protein Powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
¼ tsp Cream of tartar
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp Baking soda
Sugar topping (for rolling)
2 ½ tsp Truvia* Baking Blend
1 ¼ tsp Cinnamon
Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
Pre grease your pans, set aside (grease well)
Pre make you Cinnamon sugar rolling mix, set aside
1. In a large bowl, melt your coconut oil in the microwave (Measure as a soild)
2. Add your brown sugar and pyure stevia to the melted coconut oil and incorporate
3. In a spate bowl add all of your remaining dry ingredients (protein powder, brown rice flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, ext. )
4. With an electric mixer, beat your egg and vanilla into your sugar mix for about 1 minute.
5. Next fold half of your dry mix into your wet mix, then fold in the remaining dry mix. You should end up with a dry crumbled mixture.
6. Now you can add your Greek yogurt and begin to knead the dough together with your hands. Add in the 2 TBS first, knead, and then add the tsp and knead one last time.
7. Roll out all of your cookie dough balls into about the size of a gold ball and place on trays.
8. Once all of the cookie dough has been rolled out, you can then roll them one at a time in your cinnamon sugar mix and place cookies evenly spaced out on baking trays.
9. Pop those babies in the oven for 8 minutes. Allow to cool for about 2 minutes before moving to cooling rack.
10. Insert in mouth. Enjoy ❤